Foreign investors may invest in the Singaporean commercial property market with little or no restriction.
Residential property is divided into three main groups, as follows:
- Private apartment blocks and condominium units.
- Public housing developed by the authorities.
- Landed property, or houses.
Foreign investors are generally limited to investing in private apartment blocks and condominium units. They are prohibited from purchasing the following property:
- Singaporean residential landed property; and
- all the apartments within a building or all the units in an approved condominium development, unless an approval is obtained from the relevant authority.
Foreign investors are also generally prohibited from investing in Singaporean public housing.
Source : PWC